Updated 21.07.2020 Kat Pugh – Founder.
Who are Aurora
Aurora Bookkeeping is based at The Vicarage, Haverthwaite, Cumbria, LA12 8AJ.
The website address is: https://www.aurorabookkeeping.co.uk.
What personal data is collected and why it is collected
If you fill out the contact form, you will be providing your personal data. You will be ask for your name, email and telephone number however you may provide more in the form of a telephone number or address.
The following information is automatically gathered every time you visit Aurora’s website;
- Information about Aurora’s website visitors including;
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, domain name and country which requests information, the files requested, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- your user name;
- your age;
- Information about your visit including;
- the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), time and length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and information provided when requesting further service or downloads;
- for users of a mobile application, your location data so that we can help you to locate our products and services and, if you are a service provider, so that we can monitor the effectiveness and efficiency of any services that you provide to us.
- Information about the goods or services we provide to you including,
- information needed to provide goods or services to you (including information on contact form, details of your charter, order history, payment details, invoice address, and tax information);
- customer services information;
- customer relationship management and marketing information
If you choose to use social media in order to contact Aurora or find out about the products or services Aurora offer, your profile information (including your preferences and interactions with Aurora on Facebook, Linked In and ) and information which you post on message boards which are relevant to our business.
Aurora might record and monitor communications with you, such as emails, text and phone conversations for training, developmental, legal and quality purposes.
The legal basis Aurora rely on:
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data. Aurora use Legitimate Interest. In the situations where Aurora collect and process your personal data, Aurora require it to pursue the legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business.
Why Aurora collect your personal data
Aurora collect, use and store your personal information for the following reasons:
- to allow our advisers, agents and sales representatives to follow up our service, either by email, telephone, text or mail, as part of our customer care procedure;
- to help Aurora to understand your needs and provide a better service;
- to help Aurora to improve the products and services;
- to enable Aurora to occasionally contact you for market research purposes;
- to enable Aurora to send you information about new products, special offers or other information that you may find interesting;
- to administer the Aurora websites;
- to improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- to provide third parties with statistical information about Aurora users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- to facilitate Aurora’s internal record keeping;
- to enable you to participate in Aurora’s competitions and promotions;
- to carry out marketing analysis and applicant profiling (including with transactional information) and create statistical and testing information;
- to help to prevent and detect fraud or loss;
- to process orders which you place for goods or services from Aurora;
- for improvement and maintenance of the Aurora website and preparing reports or compiling statistics in order to improve Aurora’s goods and services. Such details will be anonymised as far as is reasonably possible and you will not be identifiable from the information collected;
- to monitor your interactions with Aurora and our brand online, if you contact Aurora on social media, including Messenger and Web Chat, where it is in Aurora’s legitimate interests to do so for market research and for planning future marketing campaigns;
- to amplify an event to a broader audience and for internal presentation purposes, Aurora may use your photograph or video footage from an event where it is in Aurora’s legitimate interests for marketing and business development purposes or where Aurora have your consent;
- to contact you to invite you to write a news article about Aurora’s products and services; to invite you to events, send you promotional material and for press releases if you are a journalist, where it is in Aurora’s legitimate interests;
- to deal with any enquiries or issues you have about Aurora’s goods and services, including any questions you may have about how Aurora collect, store and use your personal information, or any requests made by you for a copy of the information Aurora hold about you. If Aurora do not have a contract with you, Aurora may process your personal information for these purposes where it is in Aurora’s legitimate interests for customer services purposes;
- to send you certain communications (including by email or post) about Aurora’s goods and services such as service announcements and administrative messages (for example, setting out changes to Aurora’s terms and conditions and keeping you informed about Aurora’s fees and charges);
- to allow you to attend Aurora’s events or participate in competitions and to send you photos that you have permitted Aurora to take of you;
- for health and safety and quality assurance;
- to carry out statistical analysis and market research;
- to contact you (including by email or post) with information about Aurora’s products and services which either you request, or which are felt will be of interest to you (including newsletters), but only where you have consented to this;
- to identify and implement business efficiencies and for internal corporate reporting, business administration, ensuring adequate insurance coverage for Aurora’s business, ensuring the security of company facilities, research and development;
- to comply with any procedures, laws and regulations which apply to Aurora – this may include where Aurora are reasonably consider it is in Aurora’s legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others to comply, as well as where we are legally required to do so.
- to establish, exercise or defend Aurora’s legal rights – this may include where Aurora reasonably consider it is in Aurora’s legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others, as well as where Aurora are legally required to do so.
Where appropriate, Aurora will seek your consent to undertake some of these activities.
How long Aurora keep your information:
Whenever Aurora collect or process your personal data, it will only be kept for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Controlling information about you:
Your rights over your information:
- You have the right to request;
- Access to the personal data Aurora hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- A correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- To delete your personal data when you object and Aurora have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which Aurora hold the data has come to an end.
- That Aurora stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That Aurora stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent. Review of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
To ask for your information, please contact The Data Protection Officer, Aurora Bookkeeping, The Vicarage, Haverthwaite, Cumbria, LA12 8AJ – email@example.com. If Aurora choose not to action your request Aurora will explain to you the reasons for this refusal. In cases where Aurora are processing your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, you can ask Aurora to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. Aurora must then do so unless Aurora believe Aurora have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data. You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. Aurora must always comply with your request.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables Aurora’s website to identify your computer as you view different pages on Aurora’s website. Cookies allow websites and applications to store your preferences in order to present content, options or functions that are specific to you.
They also enable Aurora to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit. Cookies do not provide Aurora with access to your computer or any information about you, other than that which you choose to share with Aurora.
- Analyse web traffic using an analytics package – aggregated usage data helps Aurora improve the website structure, content and functions.
- Store information about your preferences – the website can then present you with information you will find more relevant and interesting.
- To recognise when you return to Aurora’s website – Aurora may show you relevant content, or provide functionality you used previously.
Accepting or Refusing Cookies:
The cookie acceptance banner will no longer display on your screen. You may still choose at any time to delete or disable all or part of these cookies using your browser, with the exception of the First Party Cookies which are necessary for the Website to function.
Choices available through your browser.
- All browsers offer configuration options to;
- inform you of the cookies saved on your computer,
- allow you to accept or refuse them, on either a case-by-case basis or outright.
The configuration of each browser is different. Aurora suggest you consult the help menu on your browser in order to configure your browser as you wish.
Consenting to cookies:
The saving of a cookie on a device is governed by user-defined settings for the user’s browsing software. If you have accepted the saving of cookies through your browser, they will be integrated into the pages and content you have viewed and may be temporarily stored in a dedicated location on your device. They will only be readable by their issuer.
There are different options for refusing cookies, however refusing the cookies may impact the functioning of the service you request on Aurora’s Website.
How to Manage Cookies:
How to implement your choice according to the browser you use? When it comes to managing cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. More information can be found in the help menu of your browser, which will inform you of the proper procedure to follow:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
At anytime you may view the cookie management settings used by your browser, and delete any cookies it has stored, which must be done one by one. To make your search easier, please find below a list of direct links for each of the main browsers in use:
Microsoft Internet Explorer
This configuration is different on your cell phone or tablet: